Brain Training: Mindful communicationProceed to Zoom Meeting
Communication is something we do every day… Ever wonder why we aren’t we better at it?
As a coach, communication is the #1 challenge that I see everyone struggle with!
Yet, most of us do very little to improve.
…we gladly and sadly sweep the situation under the rug. 🙁
Your communication skills literally make you more or less successful!
- 90% of US adults believe that communication skills are the most valuable skill we need to get ahead in the world today.
- 57.9% of employers believe that communication is the most sought- after soft skill.
DID YOU KNOW?
Our ability to pay attention, concentrate and focus is at the root of good communication.
HERE IS THE SCIENCE:
- The amygdala is a small area in the center of the brain
- The amygdala is commonly known as the brain’s radar for threats
- The amygdala focuses our attention on what it finds troubling
- So when something worries us, our mind wanders over and over to that thing, even to the point of fixation
- This area of the brain is known for both focusing our attention and for intense emotional reactions
- This double role explains why, when we are in the grip of anxiety, we are also very distracted
- YIKES, the amygdala also sends signals to the area of the brain responsible for language and communication
- Mindfulness training, specifically targeted to attention and focus, rewires the brain to reduce stress and communicate more effectively
- Practicing this for twenty minutes a day for 7 days, lowers the amygdala response significantly
- The result…You are a more effective communicator!
ANYONE notice after COVID how distracted you are?
How anxious? How unable to focus you are?
DON’T MISS this 30 min session!!!